Monday, June 4, 2012

Making new remembering the old.

Naomi:  Today we started the process of HBOT.  It was a little longer than I expected, but effective never the less. Sitting in the tank brought back a lot of memory's yet today I started making new ones for example last time I had on a continues flow mask on. This time I had what I call the Darth Vader mask you make a great impression of him with it on as I found out tried the Darth Vader stand by "Luke I'm you father." I'm  quite proud of myself. I forgot what the diving was like. You know how your ears pop when you dive underwater because of the pressure? Same thing here when they put more pressure in the tank the more your ears pop pretty simple. Anyways that is the report from about old memory's and new ones.  






Marna:  Here is Naomi after two dives, climbing on top of rocks on the way to the market.  Today was good, yet exhausting.  Breathing oxygen under pressure is just plain exhausting; as is getting used to the Darth Vader masks.  I know we will get used to it all AND have energy, but for now we are all exhausted.  Looking forward to tomorrow, and riding our bikes to the clinic.

5 comments:

Maureensk said...

Scientifically, why is it harder to breathe oxygen under pressure? I wouldn't ask if I didn't know you could explain it better than any website I Googled. :-) Also, why do you have to wear Darth Vader masks this time?

Alexia Allen said...

Lots of well wishes for another round! Abby and the Hawthorn Farm gang await your return. Especially when sunny weather comes back too. Thanks for sharing your impressions on the blog, Naomi and Marna.

Chirp, Alexia

Unknown said...

Good job guys. I hope you continue to have fun and nice weather. The cold and dark continues in Seattle.

M&M said...

Hi Maureen,

It isn't harder to breath if you are using a continuous flow device, but because we are using diving masks. So you have to breathe in harder to get the oxygen to flow. Humphrey says it makes your lungs work harder, which is probably great for Naomi. It drives me nuts, and makes me feel claustrophobic. If I get the mask attached correctly, it becomes a bit easier though.

M&M said...

Thanks, Alexia and Unknown (who are you?)!

Take Care,
Marna